Friday, May 25, 2012

What Do You Think?



9"x 12"
original oil painting


This painting is near and dear to me.  It hangs in my home and I would grab it if ever I fled my house in an emergency!  
  One of the girls in the painting is my daughter.  She was in college at the time. 
We were perusing the High Museum of Art in Atlanta.  I have always appreciated that she is a willing participant for a trip through galleries and museums.



Displaying Art



Hanging art can be a big decision for some.  It does not have to be an ordeal.  Trace the framed piece of art onto newspaper and mark the position of the wire or hook on the newspaper.  Tape the tracing onto the wall wherever you fancy.  Step back and see if you like the spot.  DO NOT HANG YOUR ART TOO HIGH!   It is almost never too low (no matter what the man in your life tells you.)  :)   When you have the perfect spot chosen, affix your hanger to the wall right through the newspaper.  Tear the newspaper away.  Hang the art.  Enjoy

1 comment: